November 24, 2020
- What is Personal Information and who is the controller?
- Who are We?
- What Personal Information do We collect from you and how do We use it?
- What processing is carried out in the context of our Talent Platform?
- Who do We share your Personal Information with?
- What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
- Third Party Links
- Who can you contact if you have queries or complaints?
1. What is Personal Information and Who is the Controller?
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information refers to any information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or be reasonably capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household.
Who is the controller?
2. Who are We?
SignalFire is a US company established at 333 Bryant Street, Suite 190, San Francisco CA 94107. Our phone number is 650-850-6000, and you can reach us by email at [email protected].
3. What Personal Information do We collect from you and how do We use it?
We collect and generally process the Personal Information that you provide when you use the Website. This includes name and contact information you provide us in order to:
- send you marketing communications to promote our services and products and invite you to events;
- store cookies on your device as described in the section specific to cookies.
When you apply for a job with SignalFire, you may provide us, or we may receive, information and documents you submit, such as a resume or application including information such as: your name, contact information, work history and education, skills, professional licenses, work authorization status, cover letter, references, and information made available publicly. This information is used in order to process your application and evaluate your candidacy.
For the purposes of our market analysis platform and Talent Platform, We collect Personal Information about you indirectly. For more information, please refer to the relevant section: “What processing is carried out in the context of our Talent Platform?”
4. What processing is carried out in the context of our Talent Platform?
We have created a Talent Platform, known as “Beacon Talent™,” which helps us and our affiliates identify and hire relevant experienced candidates. We, and our affiliates, also provide aggregated information about labor markets to third parties, which is not Personal Information. We explain more about the processing carried out in this context below.
We collect your Personal Information from publicly available sources such as:
- information available from federal, state, or government records (which may not be considered Personal Information);
- publicly available websites; and
- news media.
In this respect, we collect and process the following Personal Information:
- unique identifier(s);
- commercial information;
- employment background and professional achievements;
- publicly available education information;
- general location information (e.g., metropolitan region).
We have implemented measures in order to keep your Personal Information reasonably accurate and up to date on an ongoing basis. SignalFire does not process any sensitive information for these purposes.
5. With whom do We share your Personal Information?
The data processors / service providers with which We may share your Personal Information for those purposes are the following:
- our affiliates; and
- third party service providers (such as cloud computing infrastructure and customer relationship management providers).
In addition, We may communicate your Personal Information to other entities which may be:
- our portfolio companies and affiliates, with respect to our Talent Platform (for US residents only);
- any person or authority when disclosure is required by law, regulations or a judicial decision;
- any person or authority if such disclosure is necessary to protect and defend our rights, property or security or the one of our clients;
- any other person subject to your prior consent.
SignalFire does not sell your Personal Information.
6. What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
If you are a California Resident
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (CCPA), may additionally afford rights to our users who are California residents. For example, California residents may have a right, following a verifiable request, to:
(1) access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—for the 12-month period prior to the request, the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information SignalFire has collected about the user, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom SignalFire shares personal information; and
(2) delete Personal Information under certain circumstances.
Such requests may be made by emailing us at [email protected], or by calling us at 650-850-6000. In your request, please let us know which right(s) you would like to exercise. Signal Fire does not discriminate on the basis of individuals exercising any of their rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title.
Following any request, we will verify your identity using at least two data points we already have in our possession. Please have this information available so that we can verify your request. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
8. Third Party Links
10. Who can you contact if you have queries or complaints?
If you have any questions, you may contact SignalFire by email at [email protected], or by calling us.